As you know, I’ve been really trying to watch my eating and focus on staying healthy. *This is not to be confused with dieting.* In fact, I hate the word dieting. Yes, hate it. The definition itself isn’t terrible, but the connotation it has taken and the way companies have capitalized on the use of the word to mean “eat less”, “fast”, or “lower intake” of food truly disgusts me.
Truly, every person is different when it comes to what works for them… but let’s be real. There are some general nutrition tips that can help us all, like keeping a good balance of foods. You need fat. You need sugar. You need carbs. I don’t understand why people think cutting one of these out of their food intake will help them lose weight. You’ll lose a little weight at first, but who wants to yo-yo back after a few weeks or months? Just do a little research and find out what your range should be for each part and keep a good balance. Balance is everything.
So what happens when you get that sweet craving for chocolate? Cake? A cookie? Tiramisu? Oh tiramisu…
I saw this posted a few times and ignored it, then decided to try it for myself. Now I’m compelled to share it.
It’s the 3-ingredient coffee mug cake!
Here’s the deal:
- Buy angel food cake mix and and any other flavor of cake mix you want (but one of the two has to be angel food cake.)
- Mix the two boxes together in a 1-gallon zip lock bag —make sure they are mixed well.
- Measure out three tablespoons into a coffee mug along with two tablespoons of water.
- Stir really well and microwave for 1 minute.
- As one of MyFitnessPal friends said, “The cutest and most perfectly shaped round little cake will fall out of your mug when you turn it upside down and you will think you just ate a piece of heaven! It is moist and sweet and only has around 50 calories!”
Now you have a zip lock bag full of sweetness for those cravings and a guilt-free conscience . . . and it will only take a minute to make another!
Have you tried this recipe? Do you know of any other healthy recipes or websites with good recipes?